Sunday, March 16, 2008

Broccoli ammendment.

      It was pointed out to me last night, by Kristy, that peeling the stalks of broccoli is not always the way to go. while she claims to enjoy the peel and leaves of the stalk, I feel that these parts of the plant are much to fibrous for pleasurable consumption. For those who do want this rich source of vitamins and dietary fiber to be part of their meal, my solution is to julienne the stalks, or slice them absurdly thinly, prior to cooking, so that you don't choke on fiber.

      I really like the idea of including cut up stalks in a risotto or curry. Julienned stalks can be boiled in with pasta for a refreshing twist on any primavera.

      Also, if I ever catch any of you throwing out the stalks, you are gonna owe me 20 push ups and 10 suicides (and I mean the ones across the whole gym, jerk).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be responsible.